Thursday, December 6, 2007

Duke's Still Alive...

I admit that earlier today I had my doubts about Duke's chances with all of the other options on Paul Johnson's plate. But after speaking to a source this afternoon that said Duke was still very much in the hunt, I started to get my hopes up. And after reading Bill Wagner's most recent blog post, I'm very hopeful that Duke will have a legitimate chance to make the hire.

Wagner even admits to writing Duke off more or less by not mentioning them in some of his previous reports, but he makes some great points—including that the cost of living in the triangle is much lower than in either Dallas or Atlanta, that Johnson could bring his assistants to Duke, and that he has family ties to the area.

The next 24 hours will be very, very interesting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is encouraging. I don't know if the COL is really that much lower here than in Dallas, though. More desirable place to live, yes.

Life In 1-1-8 said...

COL is much lower in Dallas, having lived in both places. But, I agree, this is very encouraging news that we're still in the running. Let's hope that Alleva pulls out all the stops to land PJ.

Also, kudos on the blog. I follow it multiple times a day to get my news on the coaching search. Let's hope we can get a great coach who will help take Duke Football to new heights!